started by Sadgit and Delphi
Recently, Delphi and I started a project to adapt the regular The Shadow Rune campaign to be playable without the need of an overlord. We will be using the fantastic Valkyrie software under development by BGG user BruceLGL to provide a look and feel very similar to the official Road to Legend app.
As of April 30th 2018 we released our first demo campaign which can be downloaded in Valkyrie. The following quests are currently playable:
- “First Blood”
- “A Fat Goblin”
- “Castle Daerion”
- “The Cardinal’s Plight”
- “The Masquerade Ball”
- “Death On The Wing”
- “The Shadow Vault”.
- step-by-step exploration of maps
- quest-dependent customized activation instructions for monsters
- shop system similar to Road to Legend
- quest mechanics similar to the regular campaign but adapted to Road to Legend play-style.
- additional flavor texts and a number of unexpected twists
- travel and campaign phases at the start and at the end of each quest
- use of the Road to Legend rule set, no additional rules other than instructions provided within the quest itself
- download and unpack the current Valkyrie release from here
- start Valkyrie from the folder you unpacked it to
- select “Import Road to Legend content”, click on the Descent button when import is finished
- in the main menu choose “Start Quest” then “Download”
- Choose “The Shadow Rune” then “Back”
- Start “The Shadow Rune”
- this is a demo campaign, not a full release. There will be bugs.
- there was very little finetuning, and we will do a balancing pass once all the content is ready
- we are planning to provide translations once the project is finished
- please support us by reporting any bugs over here